Please note: No booking will be accepted with children under the age of 13 years. Accommodation is non smoking in apartment & on grounds. All visitors must be announced during your stay before entering the property.
Please note: No booking will be accepted with children under the age of 13 years. Accommodation is non smoking in apartment & on property grounds. Any visitors to the apartment must be checked with the owners at the front door before entering the property.
We are a young family of 5 heartily involved in sports & church activities. We love keeping fit and live on a quarter acre (1000m2) block in middle class Berwick, We have a large 7 bedroom house which includes a 3 bedroom upper floor apartment (which is where you will be staying). The main bedroom (Summer Room) has a Queen size bed & base with your own private bathroom, toilet & living area with stereo and 32" LCD TV. A second bedroom (Autumn Room) is available with another Queen size bed for extra travelers if required. There is also a third bedroom with a single bed. Add to all this a separate access via an external stair so you can come & go as you please.
There is an in ground pool to cool off in as well as dedicated on site parking. Fresh towels and linen, shampoo & conditioner provided.
We love meeting new people and have traveled via backpacker units as a family. You can eat upstairs in privacy as dining facilities are provided. Daryl works as a Building Designer & Deanna is always around the house to help with advice on local transport, eateries and things to see.
We are 2 minutes by car from the Monash (M1) Freeway entrance and 5 minutes bus ride (15-20 minute walk) from the Berwick railway station. Buses run every 20 minutes on weekdays and hourly on weekends. We are a 40 minute drive by car on the Monash Freeway (over 1 hour drive at peak hour)to Central Melbourne's shopping precinct , MCG and Etihad stadiums for AFL football, international cricket, Australian Open Tennis and all it's other attractions. Train takes about 70 mins to city. Only 1 hour drive to the Phillip Island Moto GP and access to Gippsland is just 5 minutes down the road. Access to the Great Ocean Road is just 90 mins away.
You can walk to over 10 different takeaway outlets and the supermarket in just 5 minutes and Berwick has some wonderful a'la carte restaurants. There is also an extensive network of bicycle trails which connect us with the South Eastern corridor of Melbourne and all the way into the city.
If you're arriving via the airport (Tullamarine or Avalon) then you can get the SkyBus to Southern Cross station in the CBD (where the SkyBus terminates). Then ride the Pakenham Line train to Berwick Station. The train ride takes about 70 minutes. We can be contacted via mobile from the train or station to pick you up on arrival at Berwick. Alternatively you can catch the 839 bus from Berwick Station to 100m from our doorstep.
Please note that there are no cooking facilities in the apartment other than a convection microwave & electric frying pan. Also the apartment is above our children's bedrooms and, due to noise, not suitable for children under 13 years of age. Therefore no booking will be accepted with children under the age of 13 years.
Zugang für Gäste
All amenities are accessible to our guests including the pool and back yard if it's hot enough.
Private entrance for Guests.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Deanna is always home during your stay for any questions you may have. We can interact with you as little or as much as you desire. Deanna has helped in finding rental houses and schools for many immigrating guests in the past.
Weitere wichtige Infos
1. While the apartment is completely separate to our house it is directly above the lower floor where we live. In normal living situations you may hear some muffled sounds from us & we may hear some from you. That's just how it is. This has never been an issue for any of our guests.
2. You will have to use outside stairs to enter into the apartment.
3. You will need a car to get around Melbourne. Public transport will take you in & out of the CBD but not to all the tourist spots.
4. Public transport requires purchasing a travel Myki card first.
5. Please keep communication lines open about arrival times and arranging pick ups from the Berwick station.
6. Please note that there are no cooking facilities in the apartment other than a convection microwave & electric frying pan.
House Rules: PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
1. No children under 13 years of age will be accepted in the booking. There are no exceptions to this rule so please don't ask.
2. Only people making the reservation will be allowed to stay in the apartment. If you want to make a booking for someone else please ask them to verify on Airbnb & make the booking themselves. Max 5 people.
3. No extra guests on/in the property without prior permission. Any visitors to the apartment must be checked with the owners at the front door before arrival.
4. No smoking in the apartment or on the property grounds.
3. Please keep noise to a minimum before 7am and after 10.00pm as the apartment bedrooms are above the children's bedrooms.
4. Please maintain and leave the premises as you find it.
5. Please read and abide by ALL house instructions located in the apartment.
6. In regards to the animals please note the following;
- the cats will steer clear of you as you are beneath their notice
- all of the animals live downstairs
- you are upstairs
We are an active couple who work from home and have 3 beautiful daughters aged from 21 to 17. We love meeting people, watching the kids play sport and keeping fit. Daryl works as a Building Designer and Deanna is the Domestic Engineer of the house and manager of the Apartment.