Stay on hole #1 of the golf course.
The house gets lots of sun during the day with 2+ stories of windows in the living room and a huge deck that face the sun. You can watch the ocean, airplanes, golfers, and cars while you relax in the living room or on the deck.
Wifi wireless internet, SiriusXM satellite radio in the living room.
2 king beds, 1 queen bed, and 1 futon. 8 people max.
This home was built in 2005, so it is one of the newer homes in Shelter Cove.
Great location, great views, great house.
Zugang für Gäste
The whole house, except for a few rooms/closets that I use for storage.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I won't meet you in Shelter Cove, but my Property Manager Debra Haley lives in Shelter Cove with her family and can meet you at the house.
193 Bambi Dr
Whitethorn, CA 95589
The lockbox code will be emailed to you after the payment is received/confirmed. The lockbox is located below the stairs on the main water line. Please remember the lockbox code. I have had guests forget the lockbox code and try to contact me at the last minute.
The wifi password will be emailed to you after the payment is received/confirmed. The wifi password is also written on the router in the house office area. Wifi plans in Shelter Cove are not unlimited, if you use more than 1 gigabyte of WiFi data per day you will be charged $5 per additional gigabyte out of the deposit.
The house does not have trash/garbage service so you must dispose of your own trash/garbage/recycling. If you leave garbage or recycling behind you will be charged a disposal fee of $25 per bag out of the deposit. Do not attempt to burn your garbage. Shelter Cove dump details are listed below.
If you have any questions or need help with the house you can contact me ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), (EMAIL HIDDEN) or my property manager Debra Haley. Debra lives in Shelter Cove and will be doing the cleaning and walk through after your stay and she can be reached at her home ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), text/voicemail (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), and (EMAIL HIDDEN) I will not be in Shelter Cove during your stay, so please contact Debra if you need immediate assistance. The past few guests have not had any questions for Debra.
Most of my guests who leave the house clean and wash towels and sheets the morning they leave get all of their deposit back. The most common reasons my renters do not get all of their deposit back is because they use too much Internet (plans are not unlimited in Shelter Cove), and because they do not take their garbage to the dump (the house does not have trash service).
8 people max at the house at all times. No huge parties please.
No smoking inside.
You can arrive at any time on your arrival date unless there is a guest the night before you arrive, but please plan to depart at 12pm/noon on your checkout date so that the house can be cleaned that afternoon.
(Information below is posted on the wall in the house)
1) Turn on the water. The water switch is located below the stairs and has a red handle. The water is on when the switch is in the vertical position.
2) Get the key from the lockbox. The lockbox is located below the stairs and is attached to the water pipe. This key unlocks the main front door. The glass front door should be unlocked and should remain unlocked.
3) Turn on the thermostat and heat. There is no air conditioning. The household thermostat is located in the hallway. The fireplace thermostat is located next to the fireplace. Make sure that the household thermostat mode is on HOLD and not PRGM. The heat can take up to 15 minutes to turn on. If the thermostat temperature is adjusted too many times in a short period of time the furnace will shut down for 4 hours.
4) Check the propane level in the tank. If the propane level is less than 20% please contact the owner.
1) The WiFi data plan is not unlimited. The WiFi is for basic email and web browsing only. Do not download, stream or sync movies, songs, photos or other large files. If you use more than 1 gigabyte of WiFi data per day you will be charged $5 per additional gigabyte out of the deposit.
2) You are required to dispose of your garbage after your stay.
3) No smoking inside the house.
4) No pets inside the house.
5) No cleaning fish/seafood or game inside the house.
6) Do not take household items/furniture outside of the house.
7) Do not barbecue on the deck or close to the house.
8) Keep the patio furniture covered overnight so that it does not get wet and dirty.
1) Start washing and drying the used towels and sheets. The cleaning fee pays for 4 hours of cleaning time, and additional cleaning time will be paid for out of the deposit. Please fold any towels or sheets you have cleaned so that the cleaners know they have been cleaned.
2) Return the patio furniture to the garage and cover the patio furniture.
3) Empty the refrigerators and cupboards of all food. Do not leave any food behind for the next guests.
4) Dispose of all your garbage and recycling. If you leave garbage or recycling behind you will be charged a disposal fee of $25 per bag out of the deposit. Do not attempt to burn your garbage. There is a compost pile behind the propane tank.
5) Set the household thermostat and the fireplace thermostat to OFF.
6) Lock the front door, close the garage door, and return the key to the lockbox. The lockbox is located below the stairs and is attached to the water pipe. The glass front door should be unlocked and should remain unlocked.
7) Turn off the water. The water switch is located below the stairs and has a red handle. The water is off when the switch is in the horizontal position. Please make sure that the washing machine and dishwasher are not running when you turn off the water to the house.
The easiest way for you to dispose of your garbage and recycling is to take it home with you. But, your car might be full so this might not be an option.
The next easiest way for you to dispose of your garbage and recycling is to take it to the Shelter Cove County Site. Get on Shelter Cove Road (the main road out of town that you came in on) and make a left on Beach Rd where there are blue road signs for the dump. Telegraph Creek Road is about half a mile down Beach Rd. The cost per bag is $8.95 bring cash.
Please check (URL HIDDEN) to see if these options may have changed. The information below has been cut and pasted from the link above, so the website is not going to give you much help.
Sheter Cove County Site
Telegraph Creek Rd.
Shelter Rove, CA 95589
No Phone, call Main Office ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Limited recycling drop off
Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun 9:00am-12:00pm
If you can't make it to the Shelfter Cove County Site try the Redway Transfer Station, which is located about 1 hour away towards Highway 101. Get on Shelter Cove Road (the main road out of town that you came in on), go through the town of Briceland Thorn, get to the stop sign in Redway, and make left onto Redwood Dr. Go about a mile and make a left on Conservation Camp Rd, cross the river, and the dump will be on your left in less than a mile. Please check (URL HIDDEN) for the latest hours.
Redway Transfer Station
Conservation Camp Rd, 1/4 mile East of Redwood Drive, Redway
Redway, CA 95560
Tel: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Message Only)
Recycling Drop off
Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat: 9:00am-4:00pm
Wed, Thu: Commercial Traffic Only