"Relaxing, clean with beautiful sea views", guest 2017
Self contained 2bdrm ground floor apartment directly overlooking the sea in beautiful Jam Jerrup village, less than an hour from Melbourne CBD. Great for relaxing or exploring the Bass Coast and Phillip Island. Scenic walks along beach and cliff path. Free continental breakfast. Awesome sunsets. 2 bedrooms sleeps up to 4.
Dogs are welcome indoors. Great beach and off leash exercising on park opposite. Very dog friendly neighbourhood.
The guest apartment is on the completely separated ground floor of a 2 story house facing directly onto Westernport Bay in the quiet seaside village of Jam Jerrup. Facing due West to French Island we get some fantastic sunsets you can watch from the lounge, terrace (or even in bed!).
There is a Nespresso machine and coffee pods are provided as part of the free continental breakfast which includes eggs from my backyard chickens!
The apartment consists of a double bedroom, tv/living area, kitchenette/diner and bathroom as well as a European laundry. There is also a second bedroom with 2 large single bunk beds suitable for adults or kids. There is room for up to 4 guests. Pets are very welcome and the front yard is fenced (1m) and gated. Jam Jerrup is a very dog friendly place and your furry friends can walk off leash or run on the local sandy beach.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests can access the entire downstairs area, terrace and fenced front yard and driveway. I live upstairs separated by a staircase and locked door and use a separate outside staircase and entrance when guests are here. There is a Weber gas bbq outside and a table and benches on the terrace overlooking the bay. The driveway and front yard are shared but I only use it once a day for 15 min to play ball with my dog and otherwise it is all yours. There is a door to the backyard where my ducks and chickens live, which can get quite muddy and poopy in winter, so enter at your own risk. Guests dogs should never be allowed out the back. The chickens will probably run up to say hello and there is chook food in the green bin next to the back door if you feel like feeding them, they love that - it will also shut them up in the morning.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Guests will have the private lower floor to themselves. If convenient for both of us I will greet guests then leave them to themselves. If you arrive at night I will come down and say hello the next day. I usually catch up with guests when playing ball with Jade on the front lawn in the late afternoon. Otherwise you will be left to yourselves unless you want to ask any questions. There are brochures for local tourist attractions and you are welcome to ask for advice.
I lives upstairs, which is partitioned off and has a separate external stairway and entrance. If I need to talk to guests I will either text or ring the bell on the outside door and come in that way. If you require my attention urgently you can always come up the internal staircase and knock on the door.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There are no shops, pubs or cafes in Jam Jerrup. The nearest takeaway and small IGA supermarket/liquor store is in Lang Lang about 10 mins drive away as well as a good country pub bistro at The Palace Hotel. Also many great options for eating in San Remo before Phillip Island (20 mins). There is a kitchenette if you want to cook for yourself as well as cooking basics like oil, S&P, Sriracha sauce, herbs and curry spices. There are tea/coffee/sugar/cereal/bread for toast/spreads/UHT milk/noodles for breakfast. Also free range eggs from the chickens in the backyard. All other food supplies must be brought with you.
The kitchenette has the following:
1. full sized fridge
3. kettle - tea, coffee, chocolate, sugar, uht milk provided
4. microwave oven
5. rice cooker
6. double electric hot plate - frying pan, pots etc provided
7. electric frying pan
8. Breville benchtop oven pro - for baking, pizza, grilling, roasts - extra casserole dish, cake/muffin tins etc can be supplied on request
9. Weber gas BBQ outside
10. Nespresso coffee maker & pods for coffee and hot chocolate,
11. other - olive oil, canola oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, fish sauce, salt&pepper, tomato sauce, margarine, European and Asian spices, chilli, halal oil and salt. Please check if not sure. If I have missed something I am always happy to get it in for future guests so happy for suggestions.
Backyard: I have 4 chickens (Neetie, Red, Wanda and Blackie) +2 ducks (Wendi, Bob) in the backyard and 2 cats (Minoo, Rosie) and a friendly old dog (Jade) upstairs so probably best for someone who loves, or is at least tolerant, of animals. If you have allergies then consider that the cats have probably been sitting on the furniture recently even though it is regularly cleaned. The backyard is not set up for guests so enter at your own risk as it can get quite muddy (and duck/chicken poop), especially in winter.
The house: is about 40 years old, last redecorated about 6 years ago.
Bathroom: Fresh towels and linen are provided. Also shampoo and body wash. There is a hair dryer.
TV: digital tv so takes most connectors. DVD player, HDMI connector and AppleTV and Chromecast. The ATV and Chromecast names will be "AirBnB".
Books, DVDs and games suitable for all ages. A range of games (monopoly, scrabble, chess, checkers etc) and books for children and grownups is provided for a rainy day. Also magazines and puzzle books.
1. Check Out is 11am, Check In is 1pm. Outside these times by arrangement depending on other guests arrival/leaving plans. Happy to accommodate. No problem with late arrivals, please let me know in advance.
2. I expect guests to be quiet in the evening ie. no loud music/tv after 11pm. My neighbours are my friends and I want to keep it that way :)
3. There are no shops/cafes/bars in Jam Jerrup (nearest is 10 mins drive away in Lang Lang) so you must bring your own food/drink with you. There is a kitchenette for cooking. See listing for details.
4. Smoking is okay outside, use tin sand bucket and dispose of stubs in small green driveway bin when leaving. Do not smoke in open doorways.
5. Well behaved pets welcome by prior arrangement. If playing in front yard please ensure front gate is shut and clean up after your animal.
6. Washing up stuff provided in sink in European laundry. Please wash, dry and replace all cups, dishes and cutlery, thank you,
7. If you use up tea/coffee/milk/OJ/jam/Nutella etc then please leave empty container/packet/bottle/jar on table so I can replace for next guest,
8. Please don't make beds. Leave doona/duvet/quilt cover turned down so I know which beds need linen changing.
9. If you have friends over who have not been booked prior to your arrival then they must leave by 9pm or by arrangement. Please let me know if your non-booked guests are staying a bit later, usually not a problem. Midnight is the final cut off time and they will be charged as extra guests after this time.
10. Large parties will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This is not an "events" house. Friends getting together for a noisy weekend away are fine though.
11. As we are on a rainwater tank please limit showers to 3 minutes (use timer provided).
12. There is generally no need for a door key however one is provided. If you lose it or take it with you there is a $25 penalty.
13 Cats and dogs have lived in the space and the cats occasionally get in if the door is left open so if you are allergic to them please consider this. Other guests may have welcomed them in. If you have an aversion to cats and dogs then this may not be the right place for you.
14. This is an LGBT gay friendly household. People of all faiths or none are welcome and respected. I have some halal oil and salt I bought for previous guests. If you have personal requirements please feel free to ask and I will do my best to meet them.
15. This house is not designed to be suitable for under 2s who can walk and does not meet basic toddler safety standards. They are welcome but you should check the premises and make sure they are safe at all times.
16. You agree that you have thoroughly read the listing and believe that the accommodation, facilities and location, as described, are suitable for your needs.
17. You have a proficient English speaker in your group.