Situated in a leafy heritage garden suburb on the bus route 10 minutes from the city centre. There are trendy coffee shops, restaurants and shops within walking distance as well as wineries, hills and beaches to explore. Adelaide has lots of bike tracks and free bike hire in the city. You’ll love our place because of the privacy, the convenience and all the comforts of home.
Welcome to Ikhaya on East Parkway. Ikhaya means "home" in the Zulu African language, and it is our intention to make you feel at home when staying with us. We have created a beautiful clean, comfortable and well equipped private space for you to enjoy during your stay in Adelaide.
The bathroom has been totally renovated and is designed to make full use of the compact space available. It is supplied with fresh towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand wash as well as a hairdryer.
The kitchenette is equipped for self catering purposes. Electric frypan, hotplate, microwave and toaster is available for your use. We will provide you with a basic starter breakfast of orange juice, muesli, bread for toast, home-made apricot jam and fresh fruit. You might also want to try one of our delicious South African rusks (a type of dunking biscuit). Tea, coffee and milk is also provided. We encourage you to be adventurous and try our delicious South African red tea, Rooibos.
There is a new queen size bed with fresh linen, a wardrobe with full-length mirror as well as a couch for you to relax on when you watch the large flat screen TV. The upstairs loft has a couple of comfortable chairs as well as a desk should you need to do business work. Other features include free WiFi, iron, ironing board, and your own private garden to enjoy. This is a pet free and and smoke free environment and is business ready. A wash, dry and fold laundry service is available on request and costs $15 per load.
Zugang für Gäste
You have exclusive access via an electronic keypad to Ikhaya, our beautiful guest wing, as well as exclusive access to the private garden in front.
Check in anytime from 2pm.
Check out by 10am.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We like to meet and welcome our guests at the start of their stay. We live on the premises and are happy to chat with you and share information should you wish to do this. If we are not at home you can text or phone us if you have any queries. For longer stays we will provide more fresh towels and linen.
Weitere wichtige Infos
* Please take care when using the stairs to the loft workspace and lounge. The loft has low a ceiling in places so you need to mind your head when up there.
For stays longer than 4 nights we provide you with fresh towels.
* For stays 9 days or longer we provide you with fresh linen after 6 nights.
* Laundry - Ikhaya has hand washing facilities and we provide you with laundry liquid and a clothes drying rack.
There is a laundromat close by, but if you prefer, we provide a wash, dry and fold service for $15 per load.
* Small pets allowed by negotiation.
* Infants and children allowed by negotiation. The stairs up to the loft can be dangerous if due care is not taken and you will need to sign an indemnity form.
* Guests are to respect owners' privacy and maintain the peaceful atmosphere of the environment.
* No recreational drugs or excessive alcohol consumption.
* No cooking of strong curries or using incense as these smells are hard to eradicate from the space.
* Treat Ikhaya with the same respect as you would your own or your friend's home and clean and tidy up after yourself.
* Be mindful that we share a common wall, so keep noise to a minimum.
Welcome to Ikhaya!
Ikhaya means "home" in the Zulu African language, and that's how we hope you will feel when staying with us. We have created a beautiful clean, comfortable well equipped private space for you to enjoy during your stay in Adelaide. We are a friendly couple, happily retired and enjoying our time together travelling locally and abroad discovering new places. Our off-road caravan affords us the opportunity to get away often and discover remote parts of Australia. We enjoy cycling and belong to a cycling club which meets weekly. We have done cycling trips in Vietnam and Cambodia and have recently cycled the 800km Camino de Frances from St Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
Cathy originates from South Africa and has brought a lot of her African heritage into the space. Bob is a musician and enjoys playing the trumpet in a few local bands. We enjoy visiting the local wineries in the Adelaide region and particularly love the big bold reds of the Barossa Valley.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into your "home from home" in the beautiful city of Adelaide.
Our Life motto:
Life is short.
As much as you can.
As far as you can.
As long as you can.
Life's not meant to be lived in one place.