We have a private, cozy studio lower level apartment in our home. Own private entrance, kitchen and bathroom. A great location close to downtown attractions and the Rideau Canal. Suitable for 2 with a double bed. We welcome pets. Please note that ceiling bulkhead is low.
WELCOME to our Private Downtown Studio!
Cyndi and Ken are your hosts. We live directly above this apartment. We have 3 kids and a dog. We are always busy doing something, running the food truck, running a race, camping in the mountains, taking the kids to soccer, hockey or riding, performing at a gig, relaxing at the cottage or tending to our guests! We hope you enjoy your stay, please take care of our home!
Ken is also an UBER driver, please consider contacting him if you require transportation.
Here is our pertinent info:
Mobile numbers (text is best):
Cyndi (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Ken (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Personal email address:
(EMAIL HIDDEN) (EMAIL HIDDEN)
General Information & House Rules
• Check-out time is 11am, check-in is 4pm unless otherwise arranged ahead of time
• Please let us know when you have checked out, you can leave the keys in the bottom mailbox at the front of the house
• Parking is permitted on the street for a 2 hour period. If you need other parking arrangements, please contact us.
• The apartment gets very warm at times in the winter and very cool in the summer. It's an old house and although we have done everything we can to readjust the heat/cooling, it's just inefficient. Please feel free to open the window to allow the temperature to heat up or cool down inside the apartment.
• WI-FI access: Network is MAXX and the password is: 176florence
• PLEASE!! If you need something, something is not working, text us or call us immediately (text is better)
• Public Transit: OC Transpo – (URL HIDDEN) you can catch the #14 on Gladstone (one street south), it goes to the heart of Rideau Street (direction east), and close to the Parliament buildings and other tourist attractions. It is about 2.4 km to Rideau and Sussex from this house.
• Ottawa Map is located here: (URL HIDDEN) It also has an interactive trip planner and other cool tools.
• There are some supplies and food in the fridge and cupboard, this is for your use.
• Please remove your shoes to walk around in the house
• Please clean up after yourself, remove all personal belongings and all personal garbage.
• Please keep inner door locked and leave outer door UNLOCKED.
• Do not let animals in the house that don't belong to you, we have had some feral cats come in when doors have been left open and unattended. Your own pets are permitted.
• No smoking in the house – outside only and please remove any butts and garbage
• Please no guests allowed to come in or stay overnight – unless specified by name ahead of time
• No illegal activity, no drugs, no prostitutes, no irresponsible alcohol consumption, no excessive noise
• Please don't touch the breaker panel or water supply, just call us if there is a problem.
• Please dispose of garbage in garbage cans in alley on the east side of the front of the house
• Please leave the apartment as you found it.
We would love your suggestions, and we would love for you to leave us
a favourable review. Our reviews are very important to us.
Please let us know if there is anything that you need or that is not to your liking right away so we can rectify it as soon as possible to make your stay as comfortable as possible.