Paint a memory of Ottawa on a 6” by 6” canvas. It will be a travel souvenir you are proud to display!
When I travel, I crave experiences where I interact with locals and gain a deeper appreciation for a city's culture through art. In the heart of Canada's capital city, I plan to provide you with both opportunities.
Throughout history, masters like Picasso and Leonardo da Vinci used oil paint. Emily Carr, Tom Thomson, and many other iconic Canadian artists also used the medium. Oils can be intimidating to paint with but I will guide you in putting your favourite travel memory on canvas with the tips and tricks I employ every day as a professional artist. As part of the package, I'll share about why I love my city and where to enjoy its thriving art scenes! The experience lasts about 3 hours.
- Arrive at my studio;
- Enjoy my favourite teas and snacks of fruit;
- Discuss painting styles, composition, and colours;
- Choose the memory you wish to capture;
- Paint as I guide you, step by step, through my process;
- Decide to have the wet canvas shipped (at cost) or wrapped for travel in a frame ($100); and
- Leave having lived a few hours as a professional artist!